Company Fast Facts
Steady Growth, One Machine at a Time
Permac Industries started in 1966 as a 7,000 square-foot screw machine job shop in Bloomington, Minn. Since then, parts have become complex, materials more exotic, and machines more sophisticated.
President and CEO Darlene M. Miller assumed ownership in 1994, making Permac a 100 percent woman-owned business. Throughout the 1990's and 2000 she augmented the company’s original slate of Brown & Sharpe single spindle screw machine equipment, adding a Gridley six-spindle screw machine, CNC lathes with live tooling and sub-spindles, and 13 axis twin spindle/multiple turret turning centers along with Swiss machines.
Under her leadership, the company has exponentially increased revenues, physical space and capacity. In October of 1998, Permac moved to its current headquarters in Burnsville, Minnesota, with 17,000 square feet of air-conditioned space. In 2007, the company doubled capacity and space to 34,000 square feet, while adding eight new pieces of equipment. Permac achieved ISO 9000 certification in 2008.Permac Fast FactsThe name Permac was derived from the words “perfect machining.”
- Permac serves the Aerospace, Defense, Food and Beverage, Transportation, Hydraulics, and various other industries.
- Darlene M. Miller is an owner who learned the business from the inside out. She began working for Permac as a sales rep in August 1992 and quickly rose through the ranks, gaining overall sales and day-to-day operational responsibility.
- Permac was certified to ISO 9001:2015.
- Permac is a WBENC certified, 100% woman-owned business.
- Permac runs two 10-hour shifts, plus a weekend shift with some machines running “lights out” (set-up and loaded before our staff leaves and then run continuously).
- Permac prides itself on being a “green” manufacturer: the company uses water-soluble cleaning supplies, recycles machining oil and doesn't create hazardous waste.
- The Permac team takes pride in the cleanliness of its shop – customers over the years have marveled at Permac’s commitment to orderliness and organization.